The Epiphone SG Special Satin E1 is a great way for players to discover a rock classic or obtain a stage-ready touring standby at a price anyone can afford. Featuring Epiphone open-coil humbuckers with Ceramic Magnets and available in five beautiful Vintage Worn finishes including Cherry, Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Vintage Sunburst, and Walnut, this is the SG Special Satin E1!
Open Coil Humbuckers with Ceramic Magnets
The SG Special Satin E1 is powered by two Epiphone open-coil humbuckers with ceramic magnets. Owners of vintage SGs and Les Pauls often remove their pickup covers for a better bass response and magnetic pull. Ceramic pickups have a higher output than vintage Alnico magnet pickups and are designed to provide a tight low-end response with both a smooth mid-range and a slightly more pronounced top end tone. Ceramic magnets have been a favorite of metal and hard rock guitarists for decades. The SG Special Satin E1 has a 650R in the rhythm position and a slightly hotter 700T in the lead position. Controls include a Master Volume and Master Tone with traditional black Speed knobs and a 3-way pickup selector.
• Finish: Vintage Worn
• Body: Poplar w/ Mahogany Veneer
• Neck: Mahogany
• Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper; D profile
• Neck Joint: Bolt On
• Scale Length:24.75"
• Headstock: Epiphone "Clipped Ear"; "Les Paul Model" in gold; "Epiphone" logo in silver
• Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
• Truss Rod: Adjustable
• Truss Rod Cover: "Bell" shaped; 2-layer; "SG" in white
• Fingerboard Radius: 14"
• Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "Dot" Inlays
• Nut Width: 1-11/16"
• Hardware Finish: Nickel
• Machine Heads: Premium Covered; 14:1 ratio
• Neck Pickup: Epiphone 650R Humbucker; Open-coil; Ceramic-8 Magnets
• Bridge Pickup: Epiphone 700T Humbucker; Open-coil, Ceramic-8 Magnets
• Controls: 3-way Pickup Selector, Master Volume, Master Tone
• Knobs: Black "Speed" knobs
• Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
• Tailpiece: Stopbar
• Output Jack: Epiphone Exclusive Non-rotating, Heavy Duty Output Jack, Metal Output Jack Plate